For students

The Quality Indicators for Learning and Teaching (QILT) website helps you make informed decisions about future study by allowing you to compare up to six different institutions and study areas, based on the experiences of real students and graduates. You can create your own shortlist to compare the different study areas and/or institutions. Data is presented separately for undergraduate and postgraduate coursework levels of study.

The quality indicators collected through the surveys relate to:

  • Students’ satisfaction with key aspects of their study experience, such as teaching quality, learning resources and support services.
  • Graduates’ satisfaction with their course.
  • Graduates’ employment and further study outcomes, including information on the proportion of graduates finding work and median salaries.

Please watch the Help me get started video for a tutorial on comparing institutions and study areas.

As a domestic student at an Australian university or non-university higher education institution you will be required to contribute financially to the cost of your education. These costs will vary as students can be offered either a Commonwealth supported or a fee paying place.

A Commonwealth supported place is substantially subsidised by the Australian Government so that students are only required to pay a student contribution towards the cost of their education. A fee paying place is not subsidised and students are required to pay the full tuition fees.

The Government administers five Higher Education Loan Program (HELP) loan schemes to assist students with their upfront costs. The right loan for you will depend on your circumstances, eligibility and where you want to study.

  • HECS-HELP is a loan to help eligible Commonwealth supported students pay their student contribution amounts.
  • FEE-HELP is a loan to help eligible fee paying students pay their tuition fees.
  • SA-HELP is a loan that assists eligible students pay for all or part of their student services and amenities fee.
  • OS-HELP is a loan to help eligible Commonwealth supported students pay their overseas study expenses.
  • VET Student Loans is a loan program to help eligible students enrolled in certain higher level vocational education and training courses, at approved course providers, pay their tuition fees (up to capped amounts). VET Student Loans commenced on 1 January 2017, replacing the VET FEE-HELP scheme. For more information, visit Department of Education and Training.

For further information, visit the Study Assist website by clicking on the following link HELP Paying my Fees.